Today we are starting off the year with a big bang— the Sampler of 2018! There isn’t currently a finished quilt (still sewing up the last little bit of my blocks, before sewing the whole top together). When it’s complete, you will be the first to see! We will begin the series by gathering our fabrics….then next week, the block weekly assignments will start!
This week, you’ll also download a tracking sheet for the blocks. This will help you keep track of what you’ve sewn and kind of an idea of the blocks as well.
I am so excited to sew along with you and build this quilt together! It will be a wonderful year, full of sewing and new friends!
Sampler of 2018
92″ X 97″
Dates to remember:
Weekly block and sewing assignments will be posted on Tuesdays. You’ll get an email reminder of them as well!
included in the download below
Print off the materials list, a coloring page, tracking sheet and list for the Sampler here–> Sampler of 2018 Tracking sheets
Included in the pdf:
- coloring page
- tracking sheet – list style. You can mark an X when sewn, how many blocks and the size of the blocks + notes, date
- tracking sheet – block style. You’ll see an image for the blocks and can add: size, # and notes if needed
- materials list – picture with color sections for helping with fabric placement. Materials list by color on image
Feel free to ask questions in the community area or the fb group. Share your progress as well!
Additional Products to help you:
Hints & Tips
- Quilting 101: Quilting 101 – great place to start for beginners or quick reminders of topics you might need some guidance or questions on.
- When will blocks be posted?
- Every Tuesday – email will be sent with information, link and other fun activities happening in the group!
- What are the weekly assignments like?
- They are typically going to be 2 quilt blocks / weekly. Some might be more– they will be filler blocks or simple quilt blocks combined for the assignment. When the blocks are complete, the assignments will turn to piecing sections together, borders, etc.
- How long is the Sampler?
- All of 2018 – this is going to be a year long quilt project. By the end of 2018, you’ll have a completed quilt top
Share your blocks, ask questions and find inspiration in the forum & group for the Sampler of 2018.
Current Sampler Weeks:
Quilt Block Helpful Hints:
- After cutting the pieces—> (don’t subcut anything until you are ready to sit and sew)
2. After subcutting your fabric, lay the block out on a small cutting mat, large ruler, iron board or design square to transfer from station to station.
3. Keep your blocks more organized by sewing a strip of paper into the seam 1/8″. Keep it under 1/4″. Write the block and week. If the blocks get missplaced, you’ll know when and what block it is. The blocks won’t be sewn together for a bit, so this will help keep them all together. Also- if you are printing the pattern you can pin them to that as well.
4. Update your tracking sheets when you complete the blocks. You can mark how many are sewn, the size of the blocks, week sewn, etc.
Download Weekly Files Directly from here:
- sampler of 2018 quilt top assembly
- sampler of 2018 center quilt layout
- block unit 8 sampler of 2018
- block unit 7 sampler of 2018
- block unit 6 sampler of 2018
- block unit 5 sampler of 2018
- block unit 2 sampler of 2018 a
- block unit 3 sampler of 2018
- block unit 4 sampler of 2018
- block unit 2 sampler of 2018
- shoe fly quilt block week 41
- yankee puzzle 9-inch block
- week 39 yankee puzzle 9-inch
- filler units half square triangles
- filler block and strip week 37
- block unit 1 sampler of 2018
- filler square units week 36
- strip block units filler blocks
- week 34 flying geese units
- Frayed Four Patch Quilt Block
- mill wheel week 32
- four corners week 31
- lemoyne star week 30
- brave world 6 inch week 29
- margaret choice week 28
- half square triangles week 27
- Card Trick Quilt Block – week 26
- Brave world week 25
- yankee puzzle week 24
- Old Maid week 23
- Magic Cross week 22
- new block week 21
- centennial week 20
- Bear Paw week 19
- Cut the Corners
- 1324 Week 17
- Snail Trail week 16
- Week 15- Spinning Star
- house block week 14
- Week 13 – log cabin and courthouse steps
- Week 12 – Blue Chains Quilt Block
- hop scotch week 11
- Basket Block Week 10
- Chuck a Luck Quilt Block week 9
- x-quartet quilt blocks week 8
- five patch chain quilt block week 7
- double irish chain week 6
- Star of Hope week 5
- single irish chain week 4
- Churn Dash – week 3
- Flying geese around the tree quilt block
- sampler of 2018 tree of life week 1
- Sampler of 2018 Tracking sheets