This year long block of the month features 8 large quilt blocks, a fun sashing and setting blocks with simple borders.

Finished size 63″x87″

It’s great for using your stash or sewing up with a specific fabric line.

Dates:

January – August= 1 block per month

September 3rd- Sashing blocks

October 8th- Setting blocks

November 5th- Setting instructions

Show your Fabric off!

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Lisa Lyons 5 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Author

Becky J. @whosies

The materials list is up for next years Mountain High Quilt!

Mountain High Quilt Along

If you are going to be sewing along, share your fabric choices right here!

Naomi Grebe @Naomi

Here’s (most of) my fabric pull! I’m super excited about this one–because it’s almost all from my stash. I had to order yardage of the swiss dot and alison glass prints for the border/checkerboard sashing, but the rest of it is alllllll stash and gosh that’s a good feeling! I am starting each block by pulling a precious floral print, and then matching it with one-color prints that coordinate from my stash. I’ve decided that each block will be very saturated–I’m going to choose a few coordinating colors for each floral, and use one of them as the “background” of each of my blocks so they will be super saturated. I’m going to keep the “white” of the checkerboard sashing, and where ever possible use a color other than blue as my prevalent block colors so that should make the blocks pop out of the sashing!

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

I’m hoping the Mountain High BOM can help me tame this out of control bin of blue scraps! It will be a challenge working in a monochromatic palette, but I’ve always loved two colors quilts. Can’t wait to see what everyone picks!

Becky J. @whosies

this is a great idea to use your scrap bin. I do love myself some blue, excited to see the progress!

I am planning to attack this basket of fabric for my project. Can’t wait to see how it progresses.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.