This year long block of the month features 8 large quilt blocks, a fun sashing and setting blocks with simple borders.

Finished size 63″x87″

It’s great for using your stash or sewing up with a specific fabric line.

Dates:

January – August= 1 block per month

September 3rd- Sashing blocks

October 8th- Setting blocks

November 5th- Setting instructions

Share you Crown Arrow Block #1!

20 replies, 10 voices Last updated by  Steph.Otts 1 month, 1 week ago
  • Author

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

How did your fabric choices work on the first block? I’m pretty excited about my decision to work in a monochromatic palette. Although finding a light blue that had enough contrast with the white background was a little tricky.

Naomi Grebe @Naomi

Here’s mine! I’m so excited about this quilt, it’s gonna be so fun to watch it come together.

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

I love your fabrics. The green really sets everything off!

Naomi Grebe @Naomi

Thank you! I’m excited to see how these fabric choices for the blocks play out!

Laurie Leisure @Laurierph

I am having a really hard time finding where I am supposes to download this block….could you help me.

Go to the page that says: Mountain High Block 1. The picture of the block is under that heading and also Mountain High Block 1 is under that picture. In the next line it says: Assignment Arrow Crown download pattern here: (in red: arrow crown quilt block). Click on the red words and it will open for you to download.

Carolyn Munce @Carolyn51

This is my crown arrow block.

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

Beautiful! I love the way you shaded the colors in the corner.

Celia Hefner @Colcelia

I found that I had reversed 2 blocks at the top and decided I liked it anyway so repeated it to make them bottom and top match, so…mine is slightly different.

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

It’s amazing the different design elements that emerge if you flip just a couple of blocks. It gives everyone’s quilt a personal touch.

Becky J. @whosies

I love the variation and not being afraid of just leaving it and moving forward!

I am a little confused about what block goes with what. When trying to sort them out my eyes cross. Anyway, this is my Arrow block. I am making this quilt in Black and Tans. I even was a little confused in keeping the little blocks turned correctly and some aren’t exactly turned right. I still like, and your eyes may cross looking at it too! LOL

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

That’s going to be a lovely color combination.

Becky J. @whosies

I really like the dark fabrics! Your quilt will be stunning- and completely different from everyone else.
      For some reason my blocks switch position from layout to sewing machine. Glad to know I’m not the only one!

Becky J. @whosies

here is mine!

Obviously not sewn together.
    I got the bottom two rows put together just fine. They even came out to the correct measurement. From there it has been an exercise in total frustration and I will be walking away from it for a while.

Becky J. @whosies

I hate it when that happens- and there is no rhyme or reason to it. ugh.
      Take a break for sure. While these are bigger blocks, they do have quite a few pieces to them.
      Most of my issues are seam allowance. I really got lazy with this last year and had to start watching it again because it would mess things up!
      Let us know if you need any help- or clarification with things.
      Your block is turning out beautiful. Your fabrics are perfect!

Carolyn Stevens @Carolyn

Re cutting out the arrow block. Are we to add seam allowance?

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

Hi Carolyn, I think you already received a reply on Facebook, but the seam allowances are included in the given measurements. No need to add anything. Stephanie

Karen Harrill @Karen_Harrill

Block one…

Steph.Otts @Steph.Otts

Beautiful! Love those pinks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.